Healthy Eating Tips
I have put together some notes on healthy eating and I'll share them with you. Please note this is just my own notes and what I generally follow as close as I can. This is a collection of information that I have read from books and the internet. Make your own decisions on your own healthy. Checking with a nutritionist is recommended to determine your body's needs.
- Eat Clean
- No fried foods
- No processed foods
- No soy products for men [Soy has been proven to lower or block testosterone production]
- Stevia (Good)
- Raw Local Honey (Good)
- Blackstrap Molasses (Good)
- Real Maple Syrup (Good)
- Table Sugar (Bad)
- Sucralose [Splenda] (Bad)
- Agave Nectar (bad) [usually contains fructose mixed in]
- Aspartame (bad)
- high fructose corn syrup (bad)
- Drink water - have a glass of water when getting out of bed and with each meal.
- Avoid all Soda and fruit Juice
- Coffee twice a day is ok. Will help with metabolism
- Tea is ok. Green tea is best. Will help with metabolism
- Low as possible salt or no salt ( you need salt but most food contain enough sodium that you don't need more)
- Eat lots of fiber [ ground Flax seed and oats are good sources. ]
- Control portions if not counting calories ( Rule of thumb portions should be no greater than size of your open hand and fist) open hand for protein, Fist for Carb and veggies.
- Not counting calories consider keeping a food Diary [Write down everything you eat]
- Lean meats are best like fish but not catfish
- Fish to eat
- Catfish (bad)
- Albacore Tuna [Good] (troll- or pole-caught, from the U.S. or British Columbia)
- Salmon (wild-caught, Alaska)[Good] farm raised Salmon [Bad]
- Sardines, Pacific (wild-caught) [Good]
- Rainbow Trout (farmed) [Good]
- Domestic Shrimp [Good]
- Low to no fat foods
- Good Fats [ monounsaturated fat, polyunsaturated fats]
- Nuts (peanuts and almonds) Choose a natural Peanut butter or whole nut that’s not salted or smoked.
- Bad Fats [ trans-fat, saturated fats ]
- Carbs (pasta and breads from grains) are good for muscles control portions and when you eat them. Stay with Whole Grains. If not working out 3-5 days for at least 5-6 hours best to avoid Grains.
- Nuts are your friend
- Stay under 20 for portions they are high in good fat and calories.
- Avoid nuts packaged or roasted in oil; instead, eat them raw or dry roasted
- Cashews, Almonds, pistachios are the main healthy nuts that wildly available .
- For Men Almonds can help raise natural testosterone
- No or low fat yogurt is great for the body
When Bulking - Red meat 4 times a week
When Cutting - red meat 2 times a week.
85% or better fat free turkey and chicken.